BESLER is seeking a Senior Software Architect, under the guidance of the Director of Software Development, to design, install and administer BESLER business applications and services.
Strategy and Planning
- Plan, design, modify, develop and implement software programming applications (as identified through various needs of BESLER product lines and key areas of business).
- Develop software requirements and specifications, including backup and maintenance plans.
- Design and develop software for specific internal and client applications.
- Schedule and organize development, testing, deployment and documentation plans.
- Evaluate and recommend third party development utilities and components.
- Write status reports and coordinate project resources in conjunction with schedules and assigned activities with the Director of Software Development.
- Write code and complete programming; testing of systems and applications based on approved project
- Write build scripts and automate test environments; manage multiple environments for internal acceptance testing.
- In coordination with BESLER leadership, Interfaces with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Convert project specifications and procedures to detailed logical flow charts (as required for various project assignments).
- Estimate growth and plan hardware resources needed for deployment and product growth.
- In conjunction with the Director of Software Development, align the IT vision with the overall business strategy of BESLER and deliver functional automated tools to the various business units within the organization (such as the Product Line Divisions, Finance, Sales and other key areas of operations).
- Engage and plan with all service lines to share product data or resources that are not product-specific.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree or other post-secondary education preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Job knowledge: Work in areas of computer hardware and software
- Development, to include operating systems and applications systems at a senior leadership, or executive
- Minimum of five years of software development and architecture experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
As a key element of this position, the employee must possess leadership and management skills, as well as, the ability to know when to utilize them. The employee must also be able to work effectively with a wide variety of staff, stakeholders, clients and outside agencies as a team player.
Experience with the following technologies, tools and concepts are required:
- Web and Windows development utilizing Microsoft.Net
- C# language
- Continuous Integration
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Version control systems
- One or more Agile development methodologies
- Design Patterns
Experience with the following technologies, tools and concepts are helpful:
- IIS configuration
- NoSQL Database Technologies
- NHibernate/Fluent NHibernate
- Healthcare Data
- X12 EDI (835/837i/270/271/999)
- Team City
- MVC (preferably Microsoft MVC)
- NET Identity
- Web Services & Service-Oriented Architecture, including encryption
- PDF/Excel reading/writing via code
Leadership (Personal Qualifications)
- Proactive Leader – Works well without close supervision.
- Works well as a member of a team.
- Strong communication abilities, able to collaborate and be a team player.
- Values community brings a spirit of enthusiasm and energy.
- Demonstrates core values of respect for the individual, integrity, excellence, and commitment to learning.
- Possesses good communication skills (writing, spelling, listening, and speaking).
- Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of IT industry policy and procedures.
- Able to help staff develop and understand strategic plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, group planning, and decision-making processes.
Interested applicants should submit their credentials to employment@BESLER.com for consideration.
BESLER is an equal opportunity employer committed to full compliance with all applicable laws.