Take steps now to minimize your long term exposure to hospital readmissions penalties.
The CMS Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (RRP) was effective for discharges beginning on October 1, 2012 and reduces payments to IPPS hospitals with excess readmissions. Over two thousand hospitals received reduced Medicare payments due to excess readmissions in 2014. CMS provides each hospital with a data file so they can validate their readmission penalty calculation. The file identifies patients that were readmitted to either the hospital or another relevant hospital within 30 days of discharge. However, it does not include data elements such as the physician responsible for each readmission, detailed diagnosis and procedure codes and key financial data.
BESLER’s Readmissions AnalyticsSM tool delivers a detailed analysis of your readmissions, including historical claims data, financial impacts and insights into the underlying causes of readmissions at your specific facility. Simply provide BESLER with your QualityNet hospital-specific readmissions report to get started. You’ll receive:
- Access to a powerful analytical tool including dashboards, interactive charts, tables and graphs that allow you to perform “what-if” analyses and understand the data in ways that would be impossible using the CMS-supplied data alone.
- Value-added data including:
- Historical claims information
- Physician details
- Diagnosis and procedure codes
- Patient and US census demographic
- And more…
- Two hours of our clinical experts’ time to review the data and discuss strategies to reduce readmissions.
Free Report Sample
By providing a copy of your HRR Hospital-Specific report, we’ll quickly deliver a dashboard specific to your hospital including insights such as:
- The number of days to readmission for each readmission measure
- A summary of the discharge destination of your readmissions
- The presence of known clinical contributors to readmissions
- A breakdown of the facilities to which your patients are being readmitted
For more information or to request your free sample report, please contact Jim Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SM Service Mark BESLER Consulting