(Princeton, NJ, July 27, 2015) BESLER Consulting today announced the publication of an e-book entitled “Applying Data To Reduce Hospital Readmissions”.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) provides each hospital affected by the HRRP with the underlying facility-level data used as part of their penalty calculation. Known as the QualityNet Hospital-Specific Report (HSR), this report contains a variety of insights that while useful, can be difficult to harness in the format supplied. Moreover, the HSR is missing certain data elements that can be crucial to developing a complete understanding of underlying readmissions.
This report explains the data elements included in the QualityNet Hospital-Specific report , explores specific examples of how this information can be utilized, and discusses other available information that can add perspective to the data in the HSR.
- The QualityNet Hospital-Specific Report, readmissions penalties, and your hospital
- How does the day of discharge affect hospital readmissions?
- Diagnosis Codes – Index versus Readmission – What can we learn?
- Discharge to Skilled Nursing Facilities and the impact on hospital readmissions
- Analyzing household income and zip code data to determine likelihood for hospital readmission
The white paper is available for download at: besler.com/applyingdata
About BESLER Consulting
For over 25 years, BESLER has helped hospitals enhance and protect their Medicare revenue. BESLER’s deep domain experience in revenue cycle, reimbursement, compliance and software development has resulted in more than $2 billion of additional revenue for our clients. For more information, visit www.besler.com.