On September 28, 2017, CMS released a revision to Transmittal 11. This transmittal updates Chapter 40, section 4012, Worksheet S-10, and its EFFECTIVE DATE: Cost Reporting Periods Beginning on or after October 1, 2013.
Revisions mentioned in the transmittal include:
- Revised the instructions for line 20 for subsection (d) Puerto Rico hospitals, charity care and uninsured discounts;
- Modified the calculation and clarified the instructions on line 21, column 2, for insured patients and non-covered charges for insured patients for days exceeding a length-of-stay limit;
- Clarified the instructions for line 22;
- Clarified that the amount reported on line 26 is net of recoveries;
- Added line 27.01 to capture Medicare allowable bad debt for the entire facility;
- Modified the instructions for line 28 to only capture the non-Medicare bad debt expense;
- Modified the calculation for line 29; and
- New Edits – 14005S, 14010S, 14015S, 14020S
A link to this CMS transmittal item can be found HERE. Information on the S-10 revisions can be found on pages 107-112.
CMS also published an update to Medicare’s Cost Report Worksheet S-10 to Capture Uncompensated Care Data. That update can be found HERE.
For any questions or assistance please contact BESLER’s DeLicia Pierce, Director of Reimbursement Integrity.