We are currently seeking an S-10 Sr. Consultant to work directly with the Director of Reimbursement Services to achieve the product line’s goals and objectives.
- Actively contribute to work projects in the areas of: Cost Reporting, DSH, S-10, and Wage Index.
- Act in the role of Consultant for the product line activities, embodying the Core Values of the firm with equal responsibility and accountability to product line staff.
- Must actively define need or problem, conduct research and analysis of data to recommend solutions for clients. Conclusions should be objective, logical and based on facts that have been collected and verified.
- Maintain accurate and current activity reporting. Enter hours and expenses where applicable by project as soon as possible. Enter clear and concise description of activities in time keeping system as appropriate.
- Conduct client engagements, per the engagement methodology, and within the designated time period. Inform Director of Reimbursement Services of any potential delays that would impact the ability to complete assigned tasks within the allotted time.
- Develop and maintain client relationships that continue to produce revenues for the firm over time. Keep open lines of communication with active clients and keep clients abreast of new issues as they develop.
- Assist in the development of specific recommendations and conclusions for the client. Conclusions should be objective, logical, and based on facts that have been collated and verified.
- Maintain appropriate internal control safeguards over client records and collection of BESLER information.
- Maintain compliance standards for providing accurate information on all product line work, proposals, and client activity.
- Engage in industry group participation (HFMA, etc.).
- Research and assist in the development of new product offerings.
- Develop less experienced staff on issues and product offerings through ongoing instruction, coaching and counseling aimed at developing the type of skills and behaviors that will result in successful consulting engagements.
Demonstrated abilities and experience in the following areas:
- Working knowledge in all areas of hospital/healthcare finance such as revenue cycle to include: Cost Reporting, DSH, S-10, and Wage Index.
- Ability to identify, analyze and effectively address problems that impact operations or financial processes regardless of whether the problem originates in an area under direct or indirect control.
- In-depth knowledge of hospitals, other healthcare providers and healthcare industry in general.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry statistical indicators and the ability to analyze data related to operations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate co-workers and cross-product line teams’ performance towards excellence and develop team concepts as well as consensus-building management styles along with the ability to make a significant contribution to product line’s overall effectiveness.
- A minimum, of 15 years’ business experience in the healthcare (s/b specific to Reimbursement) field required along with strong organizational skills.
- An ability to demonstrate Project Management experience. PMP certification is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate specific detail knowledge about the Uncompensated Care regulations, data issues, and engagement activities.
- Skills in using mainframe, MS Office Suite, and PC computers and related software essential to effective and efficient performance. (Cost Reporting Software is essential)
- Knowledge of medical and general industry terminology. Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reporting, Appeals, PRRB, MACs, Provider Audits.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, finance, health or public administration, management, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, health or public administration is strongly preferred.
This position requires approximately 25% US travel for onsite meetings and client visits. Travel includes bi-annual all-employee meetings to NJ. Ability to work from home when not traveling to clients and/or company meetings/functions.
Interested applicants should submit their credentials to employment@BESLER.com for consideration.
BESLER is an equal opportunity employer committed to full compliance with all applicable laws.