We are currently seeking a Reimbursement Consultant – NJ/NY/PA with specific project work experience in NJ, PA, and NY. This position can work remote.
- Actively contribute to work projects in the areas of: Cost Reporting, DSH and Wage Index.
- State specific work projects include: NJ DSH survey, NJ Shares Report, PA MA-336 Report, NY ICR Report, NJ DSH Processing including the “Judge Run” Report.
- Must actively define need or problem, conduct research and analysis of data, in order to recommend solutions for clients.
- Conduct client engagements, per the engagement methodology, and within the designated time period.
- Exhibit the critical problem-solving skills needed to include:
- The ability to break down a significant problem into its root causes and then design solutions to address each of the root causes.
- Ability to analyze complex provider issues and identify the appropriate regulatory impact.
- Develop and maintain client relationships that continue to produce revenues for the firm over time. Keep open lines of communication with active clients and keep clients abreast of new issues as they develop.
- Assist in the development of specific recommendations and conclusions for the client.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure that deadlines are met and product quality are maintained.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, finance, health or public administration, management, or a related field.
Demonstrated abilities and experience in the following areas:
- Experience working with the following state specific criterion:
- New Jersey DSH survey
- New Jersey Shares Report
- Pennsylvania MA-336 Report
- New York ICR Report
- New Jersey DSH Processing including the “Judge Run” Report
- Individual is required to have excellent written skills as well as clear and effective communication skills. The individual may be required to utilize these skills to facilitate or assist in presentations on behalf of the Reimbursement Team.
- Working knowledge in the areas of hospital/healthcare settings such as cost reporting, IME/GME bad debt, wage index reviews, DSH and other areas as assigned to include health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solving or detective style thinking in order to interface with staff, as well as with the client, in order to effectively detect areas with potential problems and ability to recommend solutions.
- A minimum of 1-3 year’s healthcare or related business experience required along with strong organizational skills.
- Skills in using mainframe and PC computers and related software essential to effective and efficient performance.
- Knowledge of medical and general industry terminology.
- Project Management Skills, ability to monitor and report on client engagement activities throughout the lifecycle of the engagement.
Interested applicants should submit their credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
BESLER is an equal opportunity employer committed to full compliance with all applicable laws.