We are currently seeking a Reimbursement Consultant. This position can work remote.
- Actively contribute to work projects in the areas of: Cost Reporting, DSH and Wage Index.
- Act in the role of Consultant for the product line activities, embodying the Core Values of the firm with equal responsibility and accountability to product line staff.
- Must actively define need or problem, conduct research and analysis of data, in order to recommend solutions for clients. Conclusions should be objective, logical and based on facts that have been collected and verified.
- Maintain accurate and current activity reporting. Enter hours and expenses where applicable by project as soon as possible. Enter clear and concise description of activities in time keeping system as appropriate.
- Conduct client engagements, per the engagement methodology, and within the designated time period. Inform Manager or Senior Manager of any potential delays that would impact the ability to complete assigned tasks within the allotted time.
- Develop and maintain client relationships that continue to produce revenues for the firm over time. Keep open lines of communication with active clients and keep clients abreast of new issues as they develop.
- Assist in the development of specific recommendations and conclusions for the client. Conclusions should be objective, logical, and based on facts that have been collated and verified.
- Maintain appropriate internal control safeguards over client records and collection of BESLER information.
- Maintain compliance standards for providing accurate information on all product line work, proposals, and client activity.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, finance, health or public administration, management, or a related field.
- Working knowledge in the areas of hospital/healthcare settings such as cost reporting, IME/GME bad debt, wage index reviews, DSH and other areas as assigned to include health insurance practices, industry regulatory requirements and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solving or detective style thinking in order to interface with BESLER staff, as well as with the client, in order to effectively detect areas with potential problems and ability to recommend solutions.
- A minimum of 1-3 year’s healthcare or related business experience required along with strong organizational skills.
- Skills in using mainframe and PC computers and related software essential to effective and efficient performance.
- Knowledge of medical and general industry terminology.
Interested applicants should submit their credentials to email@example.com for consideration.
BESLER is an equal opportunity employer committed to full compliance with all applicable laws.