The actual payment amount is determined via the annual Medicare Cost Report – entirely outside of the Prospective Payment System (PPS).
A thorough review to improve accuracy and compliance can help hospitals capture every dollar of potential reimbursement.
The review includes all aspects of organ acquisition including direct costs, indirect costs, organ counts, organ acquisition charges and days, and organ revenue offsets.
Why Choose BESLER for Your Organ Acquisition Review?
- We will review the completeness of the pre and post organ acquisition activity, looking at the whole picture, while ensuring you’re in compliance with regulations and CMS requirements including recent changes.
- Kidneys: Did you know effective Jan. 1, 2021, Medicare Managed Care kidneys can be counted as a Medicare organ for the purposes of establishing the Medicare Ratio?
- Medicare Secondary Payer
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT) & CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Get more updates in our recent Organ Acquisition presentation. Slides | Recording
- Your deliverables include a detailed report on steps taken during the review, findings, recommended proposed adjustments with supporting documentation, and recommendations for the current and future cost reports.
- The BESLER team has extensive experience reviewing cost reports with organ acquisition reimbursement – and has experience as Medicare auditors, consultants, and as hospital staff members who dealt with organ acquisition.
Contact us today to work with our experienced team to ensure your hospital receives the reimbursement that is rightfully yours.
(The fees you pay for this review should qualify as organ acquisition costs reimbursable as pass through costs.)