In this first session of a two-part series, Jeff Wolf, BESLER’s Director of Reimbursement Services, provides an in-depth review of cost report basics and how they relate to advanced issues.
You will learn about:
- Basic definition of Cost Reports and timing
- Review of Reimbursement Methodologies
- Basic understanding of the Cost Report Components and Data Sources
- Review key cost worksheets of the Cost Report (WS A & B Series)
- Variances between Financial Accounting vs. Medicare Regulations
- Basic steps of preparation of the data for the key worksheets
- Things to be mindful of while preparing cost report workpapers
For Cost Report 101 – Part 2, click here.