In this webinar, Andrew Kinnaman, BESLER’s Senior Reimbursement Consultant explains what capital costs on the Medicare cost report are, how to report them, and their effect on cost reporting.
Agenda & Learning Objectives
- Define capital costs for the Medicare cost report
- Understanding the different capital related cost categories
- Depreciation, Rentals/Leases, Interest, Taxes and Insurance, Other Capital Costs
- What to consider for downstream effect of capital costs for WS A-6, Reclassifications, WS A-8 Adjustments, WS B, Part II, Col. 0 and WS B-1 Statistics
- What role does WS A-7 play in the cost report related to capital costs
- What is the difference of capital costs directly assigned vs step down for the Medicare cost report