There are many factors that play into how a hospital can choose their approach to reducing readmissions including patient population, measures under the HRRP, hospital resources, geographic constraints and more.
Dr. Ed Niewiadomski discusses:
- How you decide where and how to focus your readmission reduction efforts?
- Some of the ways a hospital can screen patients who are at risk for readmission.
- Specific readmission reduction strategies.
- What can go wrong with discharge treatment plans?
- How can hospitals measure if their efforts are making an impact?
- How you keep leadership engaged and supportive of readmission reduction efforts?
The LACE Risk Score is discussed as a method for stratifying patients to determine their likelihood to readmit.